Happy Golden Birthday to me!
Some other fun facts about the number 26:
1. A Rubik's Cube can always be solved in 26 moves or less.
2. In 26 BC, Cleopatra Selene got married, so Augustus Caesar made her the queen of Mauretania as a wedding present (not a bad gift...)
3. In 1926, Route 66 was established.
4. Scientist Heinz von Foerster predicted that on November 11, 2026, technological singularity will occur - the point where we will reach a level of technological progress previously unknown to man. This includes the ability for machines to make themselves smarter, and, you know, finish off the human race.
5. 26 is the only positive number directly between a square number and a cube number.
6. Precipitevolissimevolmente has 26 letters and is the longest word in the Italian language. A bit ironically, it means 'as fast as possible'.
7. There are 26 letters in the English alphabet (Yay for letters, the building blocks of words!)
8. 2 + 6 = 8, the number of facts I have to tell you about the number 26!
There ya have it, folks.
I think 26 is gonna be a good year!